Summer Movies at the Park
We are so lucky to have a community that is so involved in creating wholesome family activities for us! In the Treasure Valley we have two parks that offer family friendly movies after sunset. People gather from all around town to sit together and watch a free movie sponsored by local businesses.
Saturday Night Movies – Different Location Each Week
In Julia Davis Park they show movies on Saturday evenings at 9:45, but the fun begins long before that! At 7pm the evening opens with free fun and games for the kids provide by Boise’s Parks + Rec. Here is the schedule for this summer’s movies!
- June 21: Ralph Breaks the Internet @ Bowden Park
- June 22: Christopher Robin @ Redwood Park
- June 29: Small Food @ Fort Boise Park
- July 13: Bumble Bee @ Cassia Park
- July 20: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse @ Ann Morrison Park
- July 27: A Dog’s Way Home @ Peppermint Park
- August 3: Solo: A Star Wars Story @ Simplot Sports Complex
- August 10: Incredibles 2 @ Julia Davis Park
Friday Night Movies – Settler’s Park
The movies at Settler’s park begin at dusk and take place on Friday nights all summer. The address is 3245 N Meridian Road, Meridian, ID 83646. Here is that movie schedule:
- June 21: A Dog’s Way Home
- June 28: Kung Fu Panda 3
- July 5: LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- July 12: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
- July 19: Finding Nemo
- July 26: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- August 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- August 9: Small Foot
- August 16: Incredibles 2
- August 23: Dumbo (the new live action one)
Tips to Enjoy the Show
To make your movie night a success you gotta be prepared! Bring a blanket, one to sit on and one to wrap around you! Temperatures tend to cool off after dark so dress accordingly and snuggle up! You can either buy food from the on site vendor/s or bring your own picnic! And don’t forget the popcorn and milk duds! Seeing as this is a family event, no smoking or alcohol is permitted. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed at these events so leave your furry pals at home. Low back chairs are highly recommended because seating is on the ground. If you bring a tall camping chair you’ll have to find a seat in the sides or back. Bring a flashlight, after the movie ends it would be helpful to be able to see as you gather your belongings. Lastly, it’s encouraged that you ride a bike seeing as street parking is limited.
There is so much fun to be had at these little events put on at the parks! I hope to see you there!