Best Bites in Eagle
Eagle is known for many things, but one that we like to keep under wraps is it’s delicious restaurants. Here are a few of my favorite eats and the best on the menu!
- Bodacious Pig – Located in the heart of downtown Eagle, this delicious eatery serves up some of the best barbecue around. With melt in your mouth tri tip and phenomenal house barbecue sauce, you can’t go wrong no matter what you choose! My personal favorite here is their Pulled Pork Nachos! It’s basically a stack of heavenly nachos topped with pulled pork and barbecue sauce, YUM.
- Grit American Cuisine – This little spot has been open for a few years and it’s often times packed during dinner. Luckily, even when it’s packed wait times aren’t long because their service is so prompt! They have a wide array of burgers and sandwiches to choose from, but my favorite is the pepper crusted burger. With twice the bacon, some crispy onions and just the right amount of spice, this dish is sure to make your mouth water!
- daVincis – This cozy little spot located in what used to be the Eagle Bank has become on famous for its local, New York style Italian menu. With fresh ingredients, homemade sauces and best of all fresh baked tuscan bread delivered hot to your table, this restaurant has climbed to the top pick of many locals. My favorite dish here is called the Leo which is their made from scratch Fettuccini Alfredo which can come with shrimp, chicken or vegetables. Sure to please even the pickiest of pallets.
- CACi Wood-Fired Sicilian – From the owner of the Rembrandts Coffee House, comes a new Italian bite on the block. With a modern yet old world atmosphere and a menu straight out of the heart of Sicily, this restaurant has gotten lots of attention since it’s opening earlier this year. Although serving Italian dishes, this restaurant has many lighter options. Sicily, being a melting pot of many cultures but strongly influenced by Mediterranean. Thus, this restaurant has a lighter, fresh twist on your usually heavy Italian dishes. No Italian restaurant is complete without a vast array of fine wines, and CACi has something known as Wine Thursday which is a wine tasting night every Thursday night.
- Bardenay – This little slice of history was the nations very first restaurant and distillery back in April 2000. Between that and their name literally translating to “cocktail” you can bet that this restaurant has a vast drink selection ready to please. Although they have boasting rights on in house distilled drinks, you can bet their food is just as brag-worthy. This restaurant is able to make even the simplest dishes into a gourmet masterpiece. My favorite bite here is the Charboiled Chipotle-Marinated Chicken Breast Sandwich which pairs wonderfully with their Walnut Apricot Cous Cous.
- Red Bench Pizza – This little spot is new to the Eagle scene! I used to visit their Boise location often times for lunch meetings and weekend adventures with my kiddos. This delicious spot makes brilliant specialty pizzas wood fired and even has an option to build your own. They even have a fabulous alternative option of cauliflower or gluten free crusts. My favorite specialty pizza here is the Margarita Pizza with some added roasted red peppers.
- Schnitzel Garten – This is the only authentic german restaurant in Eagle! Complete with traditional dishes such as Haxen, Beef Stroganoff and of course Schnitzels. Inside the restaurant has a very old country german feel. Often there are local bands and artists performing live which they notify their customers by using their Facebook page. They also have a large rotating selection of imported beers and wines. My favorite bite here would have to be their classic Schnitzel with the Sauce Sampler to try a little bit of everything.
- Rice Asian Cuisine – Finally last but certainly not least, this is the best Asian cuisine in Eagle. Complete with an extensive and delicious sushi menu to please all! This modern Asian atmosphere creates a great place for a date, a lunch meeting or just meeting up with friends. Their menu is all inclusive to many Asian dishes including curry, noodles and Chinese favorites. My favorite dish to get here would have to be their Koi Roll with a side of their specialty house fried rice.
I hope this helps give an insider scoop to some of the best bites around our little town! If you ever want to call and chat about other hidden gems this beautiful city has to offer, feel free to give me a call!